2019: Shrines of Alpine Europe - Faith-Based Travel (5375)
7 days from Zurich to Vienna
This budget-minded, faith-based vacation offers the opportunity to discover genuine alpine pilgrimage sites in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Traveling through spectacular alpine scenery, you'll appreciate the gift of nature and life and reflect on the greatness of Creation, while visiting such inspirational sites as the baroque Benedictine Abbey of Einsiedeln-one of Switzerland's most important pilgrimage resting sites on the Way of St. James. See the marble, black Madonna gracing the baroque monastery and chapel with the opportunity to join in Divine Office Vespers and the Salve Regina. Visit the Bavarian town of Oberammergau-site of the famed Passion Play, performed once-a-decade since 1634 and returning in 2020. Stay overnight in Altotting, a spiritual focal point of Bavaria for more than 1250 years. In Austria, visit the 17th-century Salzburg Cathedral, the magnificent Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and Vienna's stunning Cathedral of St. Stephen. The historic and visually stunning sites of Alpine Europe are sure to inspire spiritual joy and reflection on your affordable European vacation in some of the world's most renowned religious locations.
Call (805) 641-9044 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996878
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Check into your hotel, then the rest of the day is free to explore on your own. This afternoon, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers, and prepare for your upcoming spiritual journey. Welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Zurich||This morning travel to Lucerne, a picturesque town built along the shores of a shimmering lake and at the foot of majestic peaks. Spend some time visiting the town center and take advantage of the optional excursions available. In the afternoon, visit the BENEDICTINE ABBEY OF EINSIEDELN, a major station on the Way of St. James and one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Switzerland. Visit the magnificent Baroque Monastery and Chapel that is home to the BLACK MADONNA, made out of black marble. Spend some time in prayer and then celebrate the [M] Divine Office Vespers and the Salve Regina, before returning to Zurich. (B)|
|Day 3||Oberammergau||Leave Zurich and travel east to cross briefly into Austria, skirting scenic Lake Constance, and continuing into Germany through the farmlands of Bavaria and the alpine landscapes of Oberammergau, where in 2020 the once-a-decade Passion Play will take place. This performance is staged every 10 years since 1634 when it was initiated as an oath to give thanks for the village having been spared from the black death. Visit the THEATER where the Passion Play takes place. (B,D)|
|Day 4||ALTOTTING AREA||Stop in Munich, the capital of Bavaria, for a short visit of the city center to admire Marienplatz with the Glockenspiel (carillon) of the new city hall tower. Head towards ALToTTING, spiritual focal point of Bavaria for more than1250 years. Here, enjoy a guided visit of the old town and the PANORAMA MUSEUM, a stereoscopic painting (large scale panorama) created in 1902 portraying the holy city of Jerusalem. Join the evening [M] Mass and the candlelight procession, ideal moments for reflection and worship as well as for sharing your sense of faith with other believers. (B)|
|Day 5||Vienna||Spend the morning getting to know picturesque Salzburg, Mozart's birthplace. Try the famous marzipan pralines, take a walk in the old town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site or step into the Cathedral for some prayer time. In the afternoon, travel to the imperial city of Vienna, built along the banks of the Danube. On the way, stop at the baroque MELK BENEDICTINE ABBEY, an important intellectual and cultural center over the centuries. (B)|
|Day 6||Vienna||Discover the capital of waltz on a guided city tour today; learn about the Habsburg dynasty that ruled the area for centuries, and see some of the finest buildings that give the city such an elegant feel: the State Opera, the Parliament, and the former imperial Hofburg palace. Later, if you wish, you can celebrate [M] Mass in the solemn CATHEDRAL OF ST. STEPHEN. Continue exploring at leisure, or join an optional excursion. In the evening, say farewell to your newfound friends during the included dinner at a local restaurant. You certainly shared some really intense faith experiences but also some unforgettable moments of joyous communal life. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Vienna||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$280Guaranteed shares availableNo triple room reduction.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).