2019: VIA Rail and the Canadian Rockies (8935)
9 days from Calgary to Vancouver
CALGARY International Hotel Calgary (SF)BANFF NATIONAL PARK Mount Royal or Inns of Banff (ST)JASPER NATIONAL PARK Marmot Lodge (F)VIA RAIL Guest overnight on the train in Sleeper Plus classVANCOUVER Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown (F)VICTORIA Royal Scot Hotel & Suites (F)
Call (805) 641-9044 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996833
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Calgary||Welcome to Calgary! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Banff National Park||The discovery of oil converted this cattle ranching town into a thriving, sophisticated city. Sightseeing shows off downtown, Fort Calgary, Stampede Park, the Saddledome, and Canada Olympic Park. Next, drive west through the foothills of the Rockies into BANFF NATIONAL PARK. (B)|
|Day 3||Banff National Park||Full day at leisure. Banff is one of Canada's favorite resorts-your Tour Director will suggest an optional helicopter ride over the Canadian Rockies.|
|Day 4||Jasper National Park||First stop is Lake Louise, whose cold waters reflect the surrounding mountains and glaciers. Precipitous gorges, snowcapped mountain ranges, and exquisite lakes come into view as the motorcoach scales two mountain passes. Another highlight today is a stop at the COLUMBIA ICEFIELD to experience the Ice Explorer, an all-terrain vehicle that travels on ice measuring 1,200 feet thick. Late this afternoon, join our optional float trip down the historic Athabasca River. In Jasper, an orientation tour showcases the unspoiled beauty. Accommodation for the next two nights is in JASPER NATIONAL PARK.|
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Join the optional narrated cruise on Maligne Lake to Spirit Island. On the return journey, you'll be mesmerized by dramatic Maligne Canyon. With much of the afternoon and evening free, consider hiking or exploring Jasper's local charm.|
|Day 6||VIA RAIL THE CANADIAN||On VIA Rail's the Canadian, a late-afternoon departure allows you one last chance to explore Jasper before you transfer to the train station for the overnight run west across Canada's Rocky Mountains to Vancouver. The Canadian features renovated cars, comfortable cabin accommodations in Sleeper Plus class, and delicious meals. Enjoy regional cuisine over a 3-course dinner in the dining car. Spend time in the Skyline car, with dome seating and a lounge area, or relax in the Park car and meet other travelers. The comfortable cabins come with bed turndown service, in-car shower access, and lots of little extras, such as a personal toiletry kit. (D)|
|Day 7||Vancouver||Continue through the ranchlands along the South Thompson River, the fertile fields of the Fraser Valley, and snowcapped Coast Mountains. Upon arrival, city sightseeing focuses on Vancouver's beautiful beaches and harbor, Chinatown, Gastown, and lovely STANLEY PARK. (B)|
|Day 8||Victoria||This morning, sail across the Strait of Georgia through the spectacular Gulf Islands, known for its Mediterranean-like climate. Afternoon sightseeing in Victoria includes world-famous BUTCHART GARDENS, Bastion Square, and Thunderbird Park with its collection of totem poles.|
|Day 9||Vancouver||Morning departure for Vancouver. The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to Vancouver International Airport are included. Please schedule flights after 1:30 pm.|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:from $420 to $580Triple Room Reduction per person:from $80 to $125Guaranteed Shares are not available.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).